Saturday, October 17, 2009

Location Location Location

Johnathan and I went to Astoria today to look at locations to host our wedding reception. There aren't really any beachy beaches there, but we did see some pretty things.

The Loft: Situated right on the water, next to... some bridge it was really pretty. Big wooden beams and skylights. There is a large amount of potential to turn this place into...whatever we want it to be. It's quite large for the price and there's a dressing room and kitchen on site. We'd have to do catering though it seems -- or get preprepared trays from a grocery store. I'm totally okay with doing that.

Hotel Elliot: Cheaper by half, this place had a lot of stairs and a weird smell. It was in town with very limited parking. The areas themselves were pretty and a lot more intimate than the expanse of the Loft...but we'll pass.

I still want to look at one location in Cannon Beach that has a fire-place and such. John really loves the Loft, but I'm not sure where we would have the ceremony if we did the reception there.

Also, I have now began to doubt the wedding dress. I think I need to go put it on again. I mean, when I looked at myself with it on (once we beat the zipper) it was like - yes please. Now after looking at wedding things and seeing all these long flowy dresses I'm starting to doubt myself. I don't know...

There are pictures and videos to come for the events of today. To be posted on our wedding site that is currently being constructed.

UPDATE: So... we're poor and don't have cash to pay for hosting so the wedding site no longer exists.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm glad you went looking, I liked the loft as well, at least from its website anyway. It's exciting to look at fun places :D Canon Beach is pretty, and so is Bandon... well lots of places on the beach. Plus... the Stephanie Inn is in Cannon Beach :P :D haha.

    Hmmm, doubting the dress. It happens? lol. Um, put it on again, and if you still love it then you do, and if you dont, then you have a nice white party dress.... AND you get to go look at dresses again....AND if that happens... then maybe try Clackamas Town Center's Emporio Bridal, they actually have a room of bridal dresses.... its nutts. So... yeah. :D

    ReplyDelete