Friday, December 25, 2009

Location

Tomorrow John, my grandma and myself are going to see all we need to do to make McMenamin's Sandtrap work for us. Yay! I'm sure we'll go over the menu - which I kind of already have picked out, and all the things that need to happen to make the ceremony of my dreams (the part of the wedding I actually care about) a reality.

In other news, I've decided that red should be implemented a bit more. I am, after all, getting married to a half Chinese man. There aren't too many traditional Chinese things we can implement besides color and putting red envelopes for money in the reception locale because of the fact that he doesn't have a family. Hm, I wonder if Lithuanians have cool customs? So I figure I'll throw red into the bouquets, and we'll do the money drop box with double happiness symbol and red envelopes to implement a smidgen of that side of him.

My grandfather agreed to be our officiant, so that's fantastic, we just need to do the ordaining part of that. My grandma knows what kind of cake we're having - just a small one for John and I since dessert comes with the catering plan. Check check and check! We're almost back on track. Will be once we book Sandtrap officially. Yay!

... now what?

2 comments:

  1. now, for decorations, flowers, tux's...

    hmmm, red is good. Should we change bridesmaid dresses to red also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorations - mostly picked.
    Flowers - picked
    Tux's - Eh, that's all John.

    Keeping with the pink ones, you gotta wear your dress! Also, see next blog, but adding cherry blossoms and maybe just doing like red linens or something as well as red envelopes for monies and notes and such.

    ReplyDelete