Sunday, August 30, 2009

Engagement

So Johnathan and I were officially engaged as of August 27th, 2009.

After freaking out and realizing that this means that a wedding will inevitably have to be planned I decided to make this here blog so I can do what I do best -- bitch through writing of course! This way people who do care can follow, and those that don't can just follow the normal blog. Hopefully, I'll do my best to keep them separate.

We have some missions up front to accomplish.

1) Pick a date.
-- On our anniversary would be romantic. March 22 of 2010 or 2011.
-- Sometime during the summer so we can be more sure of rain/cold avoidance. July?

2) Pick a last name.
-- John wants to take my name.
-- I want to take his.
-- Maybe make a new name?
-- Alexander (his mom's maiden)
-- Something cool from LOTR or Star Trek?

3) Make a guest list.
-- Everyone or just people we actually care about.

From there I think that we can craft a budget and get to the more fun parts of planning. I've been working on locations and dresses and things because those are exciting and I am indeed female. I'll be sure to post as these things or others are fully discovered.

1 comment:

  1. 1.) The sooner the better (because I'm excited)

    2.) Hyphenate. Addison-Lukas or the other way around, makes everyone happy.

    3.) Good idea.

    ReplyDelete