Monday, August 31, 2009

My first rant.

"You need to involve your grammy and adopted sisters in some way." Or not. The wedding that John and I have will be between John and I. We will each have our best friends that are our family, up there, and that is all, unless we decide we need more. The wedding is going to be low-key, and mostly informal. If humanly possible my family will have to do nothing more than show up, sit down, cry, dance, and eat tasty food. I don't want anyone to have to do anything if I can avoid it. I've got e-mails out to some of the places I liked the looks of as far as pricing. Most people have weddings and spend all the time trying to please others with formality. I'm not like that. I'm having a wedding because I want one - if I didn't then we'd just head over to the courthouse. I love my family and friends and want them to be there. Our guest list is going to be small, because we like the intimacy and fun that can be had without having to worry about who everyone is, where everyone is, and whether we greeted everyone or made someone feel forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly, its yours and John's day and it needs to be what you both want, and screw everyone else. If your grammy and adopted sisters want to be involved... then they can come to the bridal shower... lol. You have a big extended family, and I can understand that at least some of them would like to be involved in some way, but it's not up to them. So... rant away my bestie bride :D I'm here to back you up :D

    ReplyDelete