Friday, February 26, 2010

Giant Boobs

Yes, it's official, I now have the biggest boobs ever. As far as I can tell, I haven't grown anywhere else, and may have even lost inches elsewhere. However, now my boobs are so large that my lovely wedding dress I purchased is no longer going to zip over them. I guess that's what you get for buying a dress that fits perfectly.

So I've posted the dress for sale on Craigslist. I'm hoping that it will get some attention, I want to sell it so I can get a new one. I spent all day yesterday researching, and have a few dresses I really like that are close to half off what I paid for my dress. If nothing else, I can get my dress for $80 in a bigger size and pocket the difference (since I fail at shopping and all).

The wedding is getting super close! We've finally started to start to work on invitations. I've got a couple people I've asked to work on photography, but I'm definitely thinking that I want Colleen to do it. For some reason when going down the guest list for photographer options I totally forgot about her. I remembered though! I don't know if she'll want to do it though... but I figure if she does the shots will be a lot less blah and a lot more sexy and fluid than if I go with the family friend who's a photographer. I'm planning on asking everyone to bring their cameras anyway so we'll have lots of coverage.

I've instructed my grandpa to get ordained - and he told me he'd find a church within a month. John's got a plan for the reception (I think). There aren't green linens available in anything other than napkins - so I think I'm leaning towards an ivory and red blend. Like red going one way diagonally, then ivory on top in the other direction. Candles + roses = ta-da!

Ceremony wise we need to figure out how many people are coming ASAP so we can book chairs. I don't think it'll be more than 50. Then we can also tell the caterers, since our dishes aren't cheap - it'll be nice to know how much we're shelling out as soon as we can.

This wedding stuff is expensive! With getting a new dress, or even just altering the one I have... wedding bands, veil, under the dress stuffs, shoes, makeup, John's clothes, the arch, flowers for bouquets, boutineers, decoration, tulling, attendant gifts, invitations, chairs, catering, possibly a permit (Note to self: Check on that!), hotel room for the night of - and possibly the night before... there's SO much output. I don't think we're going to be able to afford a honeymoon :(

Good thing we're asking for money as presents. If people give us $50 a piece we might be able to offset the cost of the wedding. Still no honeymoon, but it'll be like people paid for themselves to enjoy the food and such. Still, most of our guests don't have $50 to spare so... I don't know.

I'm thinking of having John take out a loan to pay for the wedding... but I really don't want to. However, as it looks right now - we're not going to be able to afford anything other than the food for people. Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment